These tanks are important and are available in different shapes such as circular, cylindrical, rectangular water tanks etc. They help you to store water for as and when necessary. Let’s go through a few irrigation benefits that you can derive from these water tanks.
- This involves a reasonable cost and is a popular method of irrigation.
- The level of ground water could be easily and effectively maintained.
- Compared to irrigation by construction of wells, irrigation by water tanks is less expensive. Construction of well is very expensive.
- Compared to the canals, the expenditure in water tanks is much less.
- With the use of tanks, the water from rainfall can be stored and use for better benefits